Paying Rates with the Cashless Debit Card

Paying Rates with the Cashless Debit Card

Can I continue to pay my Council Rates as a Direct Debit from my Cashless Debit Card account?

NO. The Cashless Debit Card looks and operates like any normal bankcard; therefore you will not be able to
set up Direct Debits using your Indue Card, as this is not linked to a BSB and Account Number.

The City does NOT accept any direct debit payments from any credit card.

How can I pay my Council Rates under a payment plan?

Centrepay is the easy way to pay your bills and expenses, including your City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder rates.

What is Centrepay?

Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service that is free for Centrelink customers. You can use Centrepay to arrange
regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. You can start or change a deduction at any time.
The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account

How do I use Centrepay to pay my Rates?

If you are a Centrelink customer and wish to use Centrepay to pay your rates, ask our Customer Services
or Rates staff to give you a copy of your Special Payment Arrangement - Centrepay form to take to

The form will provide Centrelink with the City's Service Provider's Centrepay Reference Number, your
property's assessment number and the required payment amount
• Centrepay Reference Number: 555060177S
• Property Assessment Number (rate account number) - you will find the Property Assessment Number
on your Rates Notice.

What about other payments?

All other in person, over the counter and online payments, including  rates, pet registration and infringements, can be made the Cashless Debit Card. 

Where can I get more information?

The Department of Social Security (DSS) can answer questions about the Cashless Debit Card and assist people who have the Cashless Debit Card.
You can contact the DSS by phoning 1800 252 604 , or by email
You can contact lndue, who supply the card, by phoning 1800 710 265 or visiting their website.