Small Business Friendly Local Governments initiative
The Small Business Friendly Local Governments initiative recognises local government authorities in Western Australia that are committed to actively supporting small businesses in their local area.
Local governments are encouraged to sign the Small Business Friendly Local Governments Charter to show they have committed to work with, and support, small business by:
- offering enhanced customer service
- reducing red tape
- making on-time payments
- having a process in place to handle disputes
- introducing other activities to improve the operating environment for small businesses in their area
The benefits of being small business friendly and supporting the growth of small businesses include:
- creating a desirable location to live and to establish a business;
- supporting your local economy, including providing employment opportunities;
- building vibrancy in your community;
- meeting the needs of ratepayers for local goods and services; and
- collaborating and sharing with other small business friendly local governments.
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a proud signatory to the Small Business Friendly Local Governments Charter. The signed Charter is avaiable here
. For more information regarding the Charter please visit www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au