Find out about Federal, State and regional services in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
State and Federal Government services
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder is the regional centre of the Goldfields-Esperance region, and has a large number of State and Federal Government services, including:
- Department of Agriculture and Food
- Department of Industry and Resources (including Title Services)
- Department of Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Environment and Conservation
- Legal Aid WA Goldfields Regional Office
- Goldfields Esperance Development Commission
- Department of Housing and Works
- Department of Sport and Recreation
- Department of Consumer and Employment Protection
- Department for Community Development
- Fire and Emergency Services (Kalgoorlie-Boulder SES Unit)
- Goldfields District Education Office
- Main Roads WA Goldfields Esperance Region
- Goldfields Esperance District Police (including Gold Stealing Detection Unit)
Australia Post operates 3 post offices in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder at:
- Woolworths Shopping Complex, Kalgoorlie
- Hannans Boulevard Shopping Centre, Kalgoorlie
- 85 Burt Street, Boulder.
State and Federal Parliament
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder has always enjoyed strong representation in State Parliament, with 2 seats: Eyre (which includes Boulder) and Kalgoorlie.
The Federal Parliament seat of Kalgoorlie is one of the largest electorates in Australia.
Regional cooperation and services
The Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission promotes economic and social activity, and represents the local governments in the region.
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a member of the Western Australian Regional Capitals Alliance —together with Albany, Bunbury, Geraldton and others, which aims to encourage more State and Federal development programs in regional centres, and to address the lack of population growth in regional cities.