Library membership

Find out how to become a member at the William Grundt Memorial Library, which allows you to borrow items.

Membership registration

A membership card allows holders to loan items from the William Grundt Memorial Library.

A residential address in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder or the Goldfields region is required for full membership.

2 forms of identification are required for registration, with at least 1 showing proof of current residential address*.

The following items are acceptable forms of identification:

  •  Current WA Drivers' Licence
  •  Medicare card
  •  Postmarked official letter showing your address
  •  An official document which highlights address (such as insurance papers, rates notices, invoices etc.)
  •  Australian or foreign passport.

Persons under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian to sign the membership form.

Please look after your membership card, as a charge will be made for its replacement .

*Special provision can be made for persons with protected addresses, e.g. Magistrate or Public Officer, in which case suitable verification of their identity and rank will be necessary.

To find out more please contact us.

Temporary membership

Temporary memberships allow those residing at temporary accommodation for less than 6 months to have restricted borrowing rights at the William Grundt Memorial Library.

Temporary accommodation that qualifies for this category of membership include:

  •  Caravan parks and villages
  •  Boarding houses.

Proper identification and proof of permanent address must be provided.