Off-road vehicles

Find out about laws regarding the use of off-road vehicle on land owned by the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.

The Control of Vehicles (Off Road Areas) Act 1978 (WA) states that a person may not ride an off-road vehicle on any land, including public land, without consent from the landowners.

It is an offence to operate an off-road vehicle within 5 km of the built up areas of the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, and significant penalties apply.

Rangers will monitor and investigate motorbikes, quad bikes and other off-road vehicles in the City’s parks and reserves.

To make a complaint about off-road vehicles using City land, please contact Ranger Services.