Crossovers, footpaths, kerbing and lane way construction & sealing

Find out about construction permits for crossovers and verge parking bays in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, and the annual maintenance of footpaths and kerbing.

Page index:


A permit from the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder is required before construction of:

  •  Full conforming crossovers from kerb to property boundary
  •  Aprons through the kerb to access the verge
  •  Parking bays.

Please download the Crossover information sheet and application form (PDF), which also includes design specifications.

Engineering Services receives applications, approves designs, processes rebates, conducts inspections to ensure that standards are in line with our Crossover policy, and approves the removal of street trees. This also includes approvals of kerb crossings to ensure they meet the standards outlined in the policy.
Back to top

Footpaths and kerbing


The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder constructs, replaces and maintains footpaths and kerbing along thoroughfares within our boundaries. A portion of our budget goes towards this annual works program.

Back to top

Lane way construction & sealing

The construction and sealing of lane ways is usually a condition applicable to developments where the existing lane way is proposed to be used as:

  • Part of the function of the development, such as vehicles access and/or egress.
  • Stormwater discharge.

A separate application, including detailed design, is required to be submitted to and approved by Engineering Services via an “Application for Activities on Thoroughfares (Engineering)” prior to any laneway works commencing.

Please note, planning approval for the lane way’s construction and sealing is not sufficient approval on its own and a separate application to and approval from Engineering Services is required prior to the commencement of the works.

Further information on the City’s requirements for the construction and sealing of lane ways may be found by downloading the below Information Sheet.

Back to top

Contact us


For more information, or to report faults and maintenance requests, please contact Engineering Services.
Back to top