Caravans and camping

Find out about regulations regarding caravans and camping in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.

Local caravan parks and camping grounds

Discovery Holiday Parks

Discovery Holiday Parks Kalgoorlie offers quality luxury apartment, chalet, park cabin and caravan accommodation, and is situated just 5 km from the town centre.

Discovery Holiday Parks Boulder offers accommodation from camp and caravan sites, to Villas and Chalets. It is located 8 hours from Perth, and forms part of the Golden Quest Discovery Drive Trail, which runs 965 km from Coolgardie to Laverton.

Acclaim Parks Australia

Goldminer Caravan Park is located in Kalgoorlie, just off the Great Eastern Highway, 3.5 km from the town centre. It offers air conditioned chalets and cabins, caravan sites for large motorhomes, camping grounds, and powered, ensuite and tent sites. Facilities include a shop, BBQs and gas swap or refill.

Prospector Holiday and Caravan Park is located on the corner of the Great Eastern Highway. IT caters for families, couples and single travellers, with caravan and camping sites, swimming pool and playground, camp kitchen and BBQ facilities.

Kalgoorlie Caravan Park

The Kalgoorlie Caravan Park is located at:

8 Great Eastern Highway
Kalgoorlie WA 6430

Golden Village Caravan Park & Sales

Golden Village Caravan Park & Sales is located at:

406 Hay St
Kalgoorlie WA 6430

Caravan and camping regulations

Camping in a caravan can only be done in a licensed caravan park.

Approval to occupy a caravan outside a caravan park must be obtained from either the owner of the land, the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder or the Minister for Local Government, depending on the period of occupancy.

Rangers monitor and investigate illegal camping on City land.

Please download the Caravan park and camping (PDF) information sheet, which covers:

  •  Legislation related to caravans and camping; and
  •  Information to be submitted with an application to the City or Minister.

It is illegal for individuals or groups to camp on City land without permission. Please report such cases to Ranger Services.

Complaints regarding squatters on private land should be directed to the police.