Find out about the buzzing sport, recreation and arts scene in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder. Whether you are a tourist or resident, there is always something to do and somewhere to go.
What is Kidsport?
KidSport is a partnership between the Department of Sport and Recreation, City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder and the Shire of Coolgardie. The KidSport Program makes it possible for Western Australian children to participate in sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances.
KidSport will allow eligible youth aged between 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. The fees will go directly from the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder to the registered KidSport club.
Other important information:
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, OR meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- Applicant’s primary place of residence must be within the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder area.
How do we apply for Kidsport?
Health Care or Pensioner Concession card only
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club up to a maximum of $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season and will not be paid retrospectively after the season has concluded.
- There is no limitation to the number of applications per family as long as the eligibility criteria for each child is met.
Click here to access the online application.
Click here to download and print a hard copy of the KidSport application form.
KidSport Financial Exception
- Complete either the online or hard copy KidSport Application form. Hard copies will need to be submitted to the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder in the Council Administration Building, and online applications will automatically be submitted to the City.
- The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder will assess the application.
- Once approved, the parent/guardian will receive an email with the outcome of the application and a unique code to give to the club. The City will also provide a copy of the successful validated voucher on request.
- The Applicant/parent/guardian needs to take the validated voucher and unique code to the chosen sport/recreation club to register.
- The Sport/recreation club must complete the registration of the applicant and match the code to the child in the KidSport system, before invoicing the City for the cost of the fees.
- If the child is not listed on a valid concession card, but the family feels they meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions, they may apply through an approved KidSport Financial Assessor.
- The parent/guardian needs to meet with an assessor and demonstrate why they meet one of the four Financial Exceptions.
- The Financial Assessor will complete the Financial Exception application form in consultation with the parent/guardian and submit this to the Department of Sport and Recreation.
- The Department's KidSport team will assess the exception reason. If the selected exception is supported, the department will advise the Financial Assessor and instruct the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder to continue to process the application. (Note. the application is NOT approved at this stage).
- The City will assess the remaining eligibility criteria, update the KidSport database and if approved validate the voucher.
Additional information on Kidsport for parents, clubs and Financial Assessors can be found on the Department of Sport and Recreation’s website by clicking here.
What junior sports are on offer for Kidsport?
||Eastern Goldfields Little Athletics Centre
||Kalgoorlie Boulder Basketball Association
CBC Basketball Club
Kalgoorlie Heat Basketball Club
Kalgoorlie Olympians Basketball Club inc
Piccadilly Saints Basketball Club
Zaros Basketball Club
||Eastern Goldfields BMX Club Inc
||Gold Rush Cheer
||Eastern Goldfields Junior Cricket Council
|Football (Australian Rules)
||Kalgoorlie Boulder Auskick
Boulder City Junior Football Club
Kalgoorlie City Junior Football Club
Mines Rovers Football Club
Railways Subjunior Football Club
Saints JPC Football Club
||Hannan Celtic Sports Club Inc
Norths Soccer Club
O’Connor Junior Soccer Club Inc
South City Junior Soccer Club
St Joe’s Soccer Club
Twin City Saints Soccer Club
||Girl’s Brigade Kalgoorlie
||Goldfields Golf Club
||Eastern Goldfields Hockey Association
CBC Hockey Club
Mines Hockey Club Inc
North Kalgoorlie Wesley Hockey Club Inc
YM Hockey Club Inc
||Boulder Primary Netball Club
Hannan Celtic Sports Club Inc
Kalgoorlie Primary School Netball Club
North Kalgoorlie Netball Club
NVUS Sports Club
O’Connor Primary Netball Club
Rookies Netball Club Inc
Sapphires Netball Club Inc
Sonix Netball Club Inc
South Kalgoorlie Netball Club
St Mary’s Netball Club
Stormers Netball Club
||Goldfields Junior Rugby Inc
Goldfields Touch Association
NVS Sports Club
||Boulder Central Tee Ball Club Inc
O’Connor Diamond Sports Inc
South’s T-Ball Club Inc
St.Josephs Tee Ball Club
||1st Boulder Scout Group
1st Kalgoorlie Scout Group
||Kalgoorlie Amateur Swimming Club
||Goldfields Tennis Club
||Kalgoorlie Tri Club inc
|Youth Centres & Activities
||Eastern Goldfields YMCA