Find out about the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder's strategic planning program, which directs the long-term development of the district.
Strategic planning is about planning for the long-term growth of the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, including:
- Ensuring enough land is available for future residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Planning for the appropriate redevelopment of existing urban areas.
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder's strategic planning program includes a local planning strategy, existing planning projects, and a wide range of new projects grouped around 6 themes:
Local planning strategy
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder's local planning strategy sets out:
- Long-term planning direction for the City (typically 15–30 years)
- Applicable State and regional planning policies
- Rationale for the zoning and other provisions of the Scheme
- Coordination measures between town planning and other kinds of projects undertaken by local agencies.
A Local Planning Steering Group has been set up, with membership as follows:
- 2 Councillors
- Chief Executive Officer or nominee
- Western Australian Planning Commission representative
- Department of Planning representative
- Landcorp representative
- Kalgoorlie-Boulder Chamber of Commerce and Industry representative
- Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (Kalgoorlie-Boulder branch) representative.
For more information on the strategic planning program or any of these projects, please contact:
Tel: +61 8 9021 9690