You must provide evidence of your local recruitment efforts over the last four months.
There are many ways you can do this, including:
- contact a recruitment agency
- advertise the vacancy in:
- professional and trade publications
- industry associations’ newsletters
- advertise on a recruitment website like:
- work with Job Services Australia, who work with businesses to assess the types of workers required and attempt to match them with trained and work ready job seekers.
- consider employing an apprentice - if you don’t have enough work for an ongoing or full-time apprenticeship position, group training organisations can organise to share an apprentice with another business, go to the Australian Apprenticeships website.