You must provide evidence of your local recruitment efforts over the last four months. The vacant job(s) must be advertised on three (3) different platforms (see the below for options) and one of them must be advertised on the Job Active website
. Facebook, Instagram and closed network/group advertising is not acceptable.
Advertising the vacant position(s) within Australia, in English and included the following information:
- Title and description of the position (note: multiple positions in one advertisement are acceptable);
- Skills or experience required for the position;
- Salary range for the position if it is under AUD$96,400;
- Employer/business name or name of the recruitment agency being used; and
- Must state “full-time contract including living and working in the Goldfields DAMA region”.
Advertising the vacant job(s) on two separate occasions (i.e. 8 weeks) on the Job Active website, or on three (3) different platforms with a National reach for at least four (4) weeks within the last four months. Businesses must accept applications from job seekers for at least four weeks.
Terms and conditions of employment should be consistent with the Australian workplace law, and no less favourable than an Australian worker. Bringing in a Skilled Migrant is not about cheap labour. The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder will always advocate for employers to recruit and offer employment to Australians first.
There are many ways you can advertised the vacant job(s), including:
- contact a recruitment agency
- advertise the vacancy in:
- professional and trade publications
- industry associations’ newsletters
- advertise on a recruitment website like:
- work with Job Services Australia, who work with businesses to assess the types of workers required and attempt to match them with trained and work ready job seekers.
- consider employing an apprentice - if you don’t have enough work for an ongoing or full-time apprenticeship position, group training organisations can organise to share an apprentice with another business, go to the Australian Apprenticeships website.