Strategic Industrial Area 1 (SIA 1) is located 7km to the south of Kalgoorlie-Boulder in Western Australia and is immediate north - west of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter. 2. Project Area and Current Proponents
The SIA1 is a 368 hectare (ha) un-serviced greenfield site and there are no current proponents. 3. Planning
The SIA1 is located within the municipal boundary of the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia. Under the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder planning scheme, the sites zoning permits heavy industrial and renewable uses. 4. Features/Benefits
- There are large scale sites available.
- Connected to exisitng major transport including road and rail.
- Water, electricity and gas infrastructure is also nearby.
- The SIA1 is connected to a major highway via Ballast Rd (approximately 3km in length), which is a public road and provides open access.
- A private haul road owned by the Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter is located at the rear of the area, suitable for quad road trains.
- The area is in close proximity to the South West Interconnect Network.
- Close to a skilled workforce and townsite amenitites.
SIA1 has not been cleared of Native Title and environmental studies are underway. 6. Land Tenure
Land will be available for lease to proponents through the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder once approved.
The Strategic Industrial Area 2 (SIA2) is located 3km to the south-west of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder in Western Australia. 2. Project Area and Current Proponents
SIA2 is a 135 hectare (ha) un-serviced Greenfield site.
40 ha is currently secured by MOU with anchor tenant Neometals
for a downstream lithium processing plant. 3. Planning
SIA2 is located within the municipal boundary of the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia. Under the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder planning scheme, the sites zoning permits heavy industrial uses.
- Located on land that has a flat topography.
- The SIA2 is adjacent to Great Eastern Highway and close to existing major infrastructure including rail, power, fibre optic cable infrastructure and water.
- APA gas main approximately 1-2km away (toward Kalgoorlie).
- Commercial qualities of recycled water available from the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder under agreement (0-400G+).
- Not listed as an Ecological Sensitive Area or conservation reserve.
- Vacant land with no known, former or current potentially contaminating land uses occurring.
- Close to a skilled workforce and townsite amenities.
All land within SIA2 is cleared of Native Title. The Site is not listed as a Registered Aboriginal Heritage or Australian Heritage site and is clear.
The site is also not listed as a European Heritage site. The nearest listed site is the ‘Goldfields Water Supply Scheme’
which is of ‘National Heritage’
located directly to the north of the Site. 6. Land Tenure
Land parcels are available for sublease to proponents through the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
The Mungari Strategic Industrial Area is located 26km west of Kalgoorlie-Boulder and 12km east of Coolgardie in Western Australia. 2. Project Area and Current Proponents
The project area is approximately 700ha and there are no current proponents. 3. Planning
The Mungari SIA is zoned for strategic and heavy industry. It is targeted towards concreting, smelting and refining the regions resources such as gold and nickel or accomodating other strategic industries which require the protection of an established buffer. 4. Features/Benefits
- Large scale sites available and is also close to a skilled workforce and townsite amenities.
- Connected to existing road, rail, power and water infrastructure.
- It is protected from sensitive land uses and is a secure investment environment.
- Close to skilled workforce and townsite amenities.
Project ready. 6. Land Tenure
Land is available in the Mungari SIA for strategic and downstream processing industries and will be allocated by the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation through a lease arrangement with LandCorp.
For more information visit landcorp.com.au/mungarisia