Identified a community need? Have you got some great ideas to engage with the wider Kalgoorlie-Boulder community?
Getting started: 1. Objective:
Identify your objective and key measureable outcomes. Have a vision of what you’re trying to achieve – let this drive your direction. 2. Audience
: Who is your event catering for? Keep this at the forefront of decision making. 3. Stakeholders:
Identify stakeholders, does your event have a common association with local agencies / businesses? Get them involved. 4. Budget:
Commit to a budget. Identify funding opportunities through agencies and corporate bodies. Partnerships are the key to success. 5. Marketing:
Identify your brand and tailor this to audience appeal. The right marketing with capture your desired audience. 6. Contracts and suppliers:
Understand what you need to produce the event and negotiate contracts with reputable suppliers who understand your requirements. 7. Environmental Health:
The City’s Environmental health team will be impartial to your large scale community event success. They will inspect and provide you with a certificate of approval in order to operate. Documentation and details are required for assessment 30 days prior to your event, see below checklist:
- Detailed site plan and layout
- Details of fire services, emergency lighting and exit signs, location of exits.
- Design specification and certified engineer details of any infrastructure such as marquees and tent.
- The proposed / expected number of people attending event
- Start date / times of the event
- Emergency response procedures / Risk Management Plan
- Certificate of Electrical Compliance.
- Public Indemnity Insurance
- Details of toilet numbers and cleaning arrangements
- Provisions for Disabled access
- Security and crowd control measures
- Details of Parking and traffic management arrangements
- First aid facilities and provisions
- Contact details Food and beverage outlets at the event.
- Notification of alcohol is to be provided or sold at the event
- Waste management, how will rubbish be stored, removed or cleaned?
- Information regarding the use of the sound / speaker systems.
- Entertainment details
- Key contact personnel
- Application to construct, extend of alter a public building
- Application for certificate of approval
- A certificate of electrical compliance.
- Conduct post event surveys to measure success against identified objective.
- Produce a post event report to assist with planning for your next event touching on all the above elements.