Is FREE! A membership allows holders to loan items from the William Grundt Memorial Library and also provides access to free eResources from home.
To become a library member you will need:
- A residential address in the City of Kalgoorlie Boulder or the Goldfields region for full membership.
- 2 forms of identification, with at least 1 showing proof of current residential address. Special provision can be made for persons with protected addresses, e.g. Magistrate or Public Officer, in which case suitable verification of their identity and rank will be necessary.
- To be over the age of 18, otherwise you will need a parent or guardian to sign the membership form.
The following items are acceptable forms of identification:
- Current WA Drivers' Licence
- Medicare card
- Postmarked official letter showing your address
- Utility bill
- Australian or foreign passport.
Please look after your membership card, as a charge will be made for its replacement. Temporary membership
Temporary memberships allow those residing at temporary accommodation for less than 6 months to have restricted borrowing rights at the William Grundt Memorial Library.
Temporary accommodation that qualifies for this category of membership include:
- Caravan parks and villages
- Boarding houses.
Proper identification and proof of permanent address must be provided.
Our facilities include:
- Children’s area
- Young adult area
- Study tables and group seating
- Coffee Machine
- Comfortable reading areas
- Disabled toilets
- Baby Change table
Our courtyard features a Sensory Garden, which is a lovely area to sit and read. When the garden is producing help yourself to the fresh fruit and vegetables growing there too!
We also have children’s play equipment and a green grassed area outside the library for children to enjoy.
There are a wide range of services available to the public and our Members have the following options:
- Borrow up to 20 items for three weeks at a time
- Renew borrowed items twice, provided there are no reserves, for a total of nine weeks
- Access to Library eResources
Full membership is restricted to people living in the Goldfields but temporary membership is available for visitors to our beautiful city.
The William Grundt Memorial Library has more than 45,000 items. The adult collection includes:
- Fiction and non-fiction titles including Large Print
- Talking books and DVDs
- Books in languages other than English
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Paperback exchange
- Electronic resources including downloadable audio and e-books
The Library also has access to other resources housed in Libraries across WA via the Inter-Library Loan service.
The Home Delivery Service has been developed to provide services to people living in the community who are unable to access the library due to age, disability and/or limited mobility.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder residents who cannot visit a library due to illness, frailty and/or disability, and who do not have someone else who can do so on their behalf, are eligible to receive a delivery to their home. Recipients of our Service may reside in private homes or in residential care facilities. There is no charge for membership for the Housebound Service.
The following materials are available for loan with this service:
- Fiction and non-fiction books (standard & large print)
- Talking books (CD, MP3, Playaway)
- Multi-language materials
Patrons are able to borrow up to 20 items. The loan period is 2 weeks with an option to renew for a longer period.
Please contact us directly for more information about the this Service.
Additionally, Library staff are able to download the audio books for the Daisy Players from the VisAbility Services (formerly Association for the Blind WA) website for eligible patrons.
Free Wi-Fi internet access is available from within the library for Wi-Fi enabled devices.
We have 20 computers for public use and access is free for the first minute session per person per day. The additional time is charged and set annually in the Schedule of Fees & Charges.
Those using computer services must accept the Library’s Internet Access Guidelines.
Printing and photocopying services are available in both colour and black/white.
- Scan to Email
- Scan to a USB
For charges, please refer to the Schedule of Fees & Charges.