KidSport is a partnership between the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder and the Shire of Coolgardie. The KidSport Program makes it possible for Western Australian children to participate in sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged between 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. The fees will go directly from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries to the registered KidSport club. Eligibility criteria:
Other important information:
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card OR meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- Applicant’s primary place of residence must be within the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club up to a maximum of $150 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season and will not be paid retrospectively after the season has concluded.
- No limitation to the number of applications per family as long as the eligibility criteria for each child is met.
For more information on the application process or to register online, please visit the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries website.