Are you having difficulty paying your rates due to COVID-19?
The City has a Financial Hardship Policy for Debtors that eligible ratepayers can apply for assistance through.
Financial Hardship Policy for Debtors
The City is committed to supporting the whole community withstand the unprecedented challenges arising from the COVID19 pandemic and recognises that these challenges will result in financial hardship for our ratepayers and other debtors who receive services from the City.
Our Financial Hardship Policy for Debtors assists ratepayers experiencing difficulty paying their outstanding rates, fees and charges. If the City determines a ratepayer is in financial hardship, the eligible ratepayer will be offered a payment plan based on their application which will comprise of the following:
- an extension in time to pay;
- a payment plan; and
- a suspension of interest charges and administration fees whilst a payment plan is in place.
To complete the financial hardship application, evidence of hardship is required and ratepayers are encouraged to provide any information about their circumstances that may be relevant for assessment. A flexible approach will be taken to a range of individual circumstances including, but not limited to, the following situations:
- recent unemployment or under-employment
- sickness or recovery from sickness
- low income or loss of income
- unanticipated circumstances such as caring for and supporting extended family
- Read the Financial Hardship Policy for Debtors
- Apply by completing the Financial Hardship Application Form
- Submit your application for review and assessment by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can drop it off at the City’s Administration Office, 577 Hannan Street Kalgoorlie .
You will be advised of a decision via email within 10 business days, subject to all relevant information being provided.
If you wish to discuss your situation or if you have any questions, you can contact our Rates Team on 08 9021 9654 or email email@example.com