Pest Control and Native Species

Pest Control and Native Species

Household pests

The control and treatment for pests in residential properties is the responsibility of the property owners.

The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder provides the community with information, as well as several local laws on the control of residential pest such as ants, wasps, mosquitoes, bees and rodents.

If you would like to report pests or mosquitoes on a neighbouring property, or require more advice on pest control, please contact the City’s Environmental Health Services Team.

Bees, wasps and other insects

Concerns regarding bees and wasps on verges or land owned by the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder should be directed to the City on (08) 9021 9600.

Further information on common pests can be found on the Department of Agriculture website, including information on:
  • European wasps

  • Red imported fire ants

Snakes and reptiles

If you find a snake in a garden or a house, contact Wildcare Helpline on (08) 9474 9055 who will provide a referral to a reptile remover.

Injured native birds and animals

If you find sick or injured wildlife please call the Wildcare Helpline on (08) 9474 9055.

Wildcare will provide you with advice on sick, injured or displaced native wildlife and can refer you to experts for assistance.

The Wildcare Helpline cannot attend rescues or assist with non-native domestic animals. The RSPCA can provide assistance for emergencies and acts of cruelty, phone 1300 278 3589. The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder Rangers can provide assistance with stray and nuisance animals, phone (08) 9021 9600.