The Yarri Road Refuse Facility is open from Monday to Sunday between 7 am and 5 pm*. The Facility is closed on Good Friday and Christmas Day.
*5pm close time sharp, please arrive by 4:30pm.
The City supports resource recovery at the YRRF and the recyclable goods listed below should be separated and placed in the designated areas provided.
- Aluminium cans
- Electronic waste (computers, TVs, printers from households and small to medium enterprises, maximum 2 items per customer per day, commercial disposal not permitted)
- Lead acid car batteries
- Scrap metal
- Used motor oil
A vehicle acceptance criteria form is required to be submitted when disposing of obsolete vehicles at the facility.
The vehicle acceptance criteria includes:
- Proof of ownership/VIN number;
- Registration plates removed;
- Keys removed;
- Gas cylinders degassed;
- Batteries removed;
- Fuel removed;
- Oil removed;
- Wheels/tyres removed; and
- Waste from inside the vehicle removed.
For more information please refer to the ‘vehicle waste acceptance form
’ which is required to be completed upon arrival at the weighbridge.
Items not accepted, but not limited to:
- Class III and IV contaminants
- Nuclear waste
- Hazardous waste (substances which are toxic, infectious, mutagenic, carcinogenic, teratogenic, explosive, flammable, corrosive, oxidising or radioactive)
- Liquid waste
For further information please contact the City on (08) 9021 9600 or the Yarri Road Refuse Facility on (08) 9091 4308.