If you are planning on cutting in a sewer junction there a few steps you will need to take:
- You must notify the Wastewater Team via email, for approval, a minimum three weeks prior to the works being undertaken.
- All junction cut ins must be installed by CKB appointed minor works contractor.
- CKB appointed contractor will notify the Wastewater Team two days prior to installation.
- On the day of installation, the contractor will contact us and we will be on site to inspect the cut in and invert. Please note: a follow up inspection may be required.
- Contact details - 08 9021 9600 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional property connections will be at no cost to the City.
If a plumber is responding to a choke/blockage at a Private Property, which is connected to the Public Sewer System, the City will reimburse a maximum of 1 hour labour plus 1 hour drain machine hire up to a maximum invoice value of $180+GST.
The 1 hour work is for the following:
- Inspecting an Inspection Shaft
- If Inspection Shaft holding water, attempt to clear with drain machine
- Check upstream manhole
- Check adjacent property Inspection Shaft
- Notify CKB Wastewater Services staff
Costs for locating Inspection Shaft and any plumbing works upstream of the Inspection Shaft are to be to the property owner’s cost.