Is My Business Eligible?

The Goldfields DAR considers the following factors to determine if a business can be endorsed by us before it can enter into a Labour Agreement with the Department of Home Affairs.

Businesses operating and located in the Goldfields DAMA city or shire regions i.e. Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Coolgardie, Dundas, Esperance, Leonora, Menzies and Ravensthorpe must:

  • have been actively operating for at least 12 months
  • be seeking to fill positions located within the Goldfields region.

What are your Workforce Needs?

The Goldfields DAMA takes into consideration the needs of your workforce when considering your application. This includes factors such as:

  • the Goldfields DAR assessing your current and future workforce needs to determine which occupation(s) and concession(s) requested will be endorsed under the Goldfields DAMA;
  • how many positions can be nominated for each occupation and for each concession;
  • the endorsement to access the Goldfields DAMA is for up to five years, however the endorsement of occupations and numbers of positions to be filled is valid for one year. Businesses seeking to access more overseas workers will need to apply to the Goldfields DAR for endorsement of occupation(s) and the number of vacant positions each year.

The Goldfields DAR will also assess whether you are unable to employ an Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position, and whether you are offering terms and conditions of employment that meet market rates: 

  • Businesses need to demonstrate they have undertaken appropriate labour market testing and are unable to employ an Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position.
  • The standard of labour market testing including duration, content and eligible mediums of advertising, are defined by the Department of Home Affairs, for more information on labour market testing requirements go to the Department of Home Affairs website.
  • Businesses need to provide evidence that the terms and conditions of employment are in line with Australian workplace standards - they must be no less than what an Australian would be paid to undertake the same job in the same location.

Are you Eligible for Concessions?

Businesses seeking endorsement for the English or Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) concessions will need to demonstrate why the concession(s) are needed for the position(s) they are trying to fill.

More information on concessions that are available for employers can be found here.

Quick Links

Department of Home Affairs - Standard Business Sponsor

Department of Home Affairs - Accredited Sponsor 

Department of Home Affairs - Labour Market Testing