Accommodation businesses

The City's Environmental Health Services make sure accommodation businesses are licensed and compliant with regulations.

Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds

Caravan parks and camping grounds are required to obtain a licence from the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.

Each property can contain multiple camp sites, and the licence fee will be charged according to the number of each type of site:

  • Long stay site
  • Short stay site
  • Camp site
  • Overflow site.

Please download an application for grant or renewal of licence form, for caravan parks and camping grounds, which also lists the applicable fee per site.

Lodging Houses

Lodging houses are required to register with the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder. These include:

  • Lodging house
  • Night shelter
  • Short term hostel
  • Serviced apartments.

Lodge keepers are required to permanently reside on the property.

Please download and submit an application for registration of a lodging house form providing details on:

  • Number of storeys and lodgers
  • Number of rooms for private use
  • Number of rooms for lodgers
  • Number of sanitary conveniences for males and females
  • Number of lodging facilities
  • Whether meals are provided
  • Number of family members residing with the manager.

An application fee will apply.

Each year, an application for renewal of registration for a lodging house must be submitted with the required fee, for renewal of your registration.

If you are the new owner of a lodging house, please download and submit a notice of change of ownership of a lodging house.

Quick Links